Teachers: What actions can you take to fight government overreach?
1. Sign this petition NYSUT Teachers for Choice
2. Send an email to NYSUT president Andy Pallotta at email@example.com Click here for a sample letter to include in your email.
3. On a daily basis, send tough questions to your union. Overwhelm them with tough questions. Here are some sample questions to consider.
4. Contact your local union president and request a meeting for the entire membership to discuss Covid testing mandates and related concerns. Be sure to get the names of as many attendees as possible so that you can keep in touch with them. Use a sign-in sheet if the meeting is in person. Write names down if the meeting is Zoom. Ask tough questions. Offer alternate solutions. Ask the union for unity, not division. We have difference of opinions, but all need to be heard.
5. Be prepared for misleading Q&A sheets from your employer or union. Click here for a Q&A analysis sheet that can help you address misleading answers to questions.
6. On Facebook follow Eric L. Mihelbergel and NYSUT Members for Choice and NY Teachers and Staff for Medical Freedom and New York Teachers for Choice
7. On Twitter follow @Mihelbergel and @nyteacherchoice and @teacher_choice
8. Follow Michael Kane at website NY Teachers for Choice