Parents: What actions can you take to fight excessive mandates?
1. Send emails to all of your school board members and your school superintendent and assistant superintendents. Here is a list of questions to help you get started.
2. Send emails to your children's teachers, and invite them to join us in the fight. Tell them your concerns, and ask them to stand up for our kids. You can usually find their email addresses in the directory on the school district website.
3. On Facebook, join the group NYS Parent-Teacher Partnership For Choice, Not Mandates
4. Attend your monthly school board meeting and bring other parents with you. This is more important than many parents realize. You can usually sign up to speak at the meeting. Share your thoughts at every meeting. Let them know that you are not happy, and ask them to help you fight these unreasonable mandates.
5. If your child will soon be attending college, learn to write a religious exemption for vaccines here. Unfortunately, there is currently no law allowing religious exemptions for students in grades K-12.
6. On Twitter follow @Mihelbergel